General Rules and Information
The St. Charles County Golden Games is an “OPEN” event which means that out-of-state residents are eligible and encouraged to participate.
- A participant must be 50 years of age or older to participate. Age is determined as of the first day of the events (DECEMBER 31 of the competing year for VOLLEYBALL).
- In order to compete in the Golden Games it is the participants responsibility to check with the Event Coordinator at their event site for his/her specific event time or order of participation upon arrival.
- The following age categories will apply to both men and women for individual events: 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95+. In Doubles, Mixed Doubles and Team events the age of the youngest player will determine the age group of participation.
- Golden Games Officials reserve the right to combine age groups if less than three people sign up in an age group in any event.
- Golden Games Officials reserve the right to cancel Team competition if less than three teams register in Division competition.
- Due to the number of events, there are many time periods during which more than one event is scheduled. Participants will only be able to participate in one event during a specific time period. No event will be delayed due to scheduling conflicts.
- In the event of inclement weather or unusual circumstances, Golden Games Officials reserve the right to delay, postpone or cancel any event.
- Gold, silver, and bronze Olympic-style medals will be presented to the first, second, and third place winners in all events.