Games & Rules
5K Road Race
COMPETITION DIVISIONS: Track is an individual age category competition
which is divided into both men and women divisions.
1. All of the following events are timed events.
2. If required, heats will be randomly drawn.
100 Meter Dash
200 Meter Dash
400 Meter Run
800 Meter Run
1500 Meter Walk
1500 Meter Race Walk
5K Competitive Walk
1. Dashes will be run in lanes.
2. Crossing into another lane will result in disqualification for Dashes.
3. Runs and Walks will start from a teardrop starting line. 4. Participants may change lanes on Runs and Walks when one full stride
ahead of other participants.
5. Two false starts by a participant disqualifies him/her from the race.
1500 Meter Race Walk:
For the 1500 Meter Race Walk, the walker’s front foot must be on the ground when the rear foot is raised. Also, the front leg must straighten when it makes contact with the ground. Both feet leaving the ground simultaneously will be considered running. Race walk judges can caution competitors who are not compliant with the rules by showing them a yellow paddle. When a walker clearly fails to comply with the race walking rules, the judge sends a red card to the chief judge. Three red cards, from the different judges will result in a competitor’s disqualification.
1500 Meter Walk:
For the 1500 Meter Walk, one foot must be in contact with the ground at all times. Both feet leaving the ground simultaneously will be considered running. One warning will be given before disqualification. ANY violation of this rule within the final 100 meters of the race will result in disqualification.
1. The three fastest times in each event will be winners for medals. 2. In case of ties, duplicate awards will be given.
3. Winners will be awarded and receive in each age category below the gold, silver, and bronze medals.
50-54 – 65-69 – 80-84 – 95+
55-59 – 70-74 – 85-89
60-64 – 75-79 – 90-94
1. The Golden Games Committee recommends good quality tennis shoes
or running shoes.
2. Participant numbers will be provided by the Golden Games Committee.
1. TAC Rules shall govern this event.
2. Any circumstances not covered in these rules will be ruled upon by the Event Coordinator.