Games & Rules
7 v 7 Soccer Tourney Rules
COMPETITION DIVISIONS: Soccer is a 50 yr. old and above team event with 7 on the playing field. Teams can be gender specific or mixed and are not age categorized.
All games will be played in accordance with FIFA Laws of the Game, with exceptions noted following:
1. No Offside calls
2. No sliding tackles (goalies can slide)
3. Goalkeeper may NOT punt or drop kick the ball. May otherwise kick the ball from the ground, or throw the ball
4. Keeper must release the ball within referee’s 6-second count or result is indirect kick for opposing team at top of 10-yard box
5. Emphasis—Keeper handling of teammates passes to him per FIFA regulations.
6. Goal kicks must be taken within 3 feet from goal post end line.
7. A goal may NOT be scored directly from kickoffs. Kickoff touch may be played forward or backward
1. SHIN GUARDS must be worn
2. NO JEWELRY allowed.
DURATION OF PLAY:
1. 20-minute halves
2. 5-minute halftime (or 10-min halftime)
3. There will be no overtime in round robin play; games may end in a tie.
No substitutions on the fly. There will be unlimited substitutions with permission of the referee in any dead ball situation. All substitutes should not enter the playing field until the player they are replacing has reached the touch line.
DETERMINATION OF WINNER
Standings will be determined by Game Points, based on a 10 point system.
A team shall be awarded 6 points for a win, 3 points for a tie, 1 point for a shutout, 1 point for each goal up to a total of 3, win or lose. The maximum points possible per game is 10.
Tie Breakers – the following sequence shall be used to break ties in the standings.
1. Head to head
2. Goal differential
3. Goals for
4. Goals against
5. Fair play
6. Coin toss
The Golden Games will provide all needed equipment.
Any circumstances not covered in these rules will be ruled upon by the Event Coordinator.